Intensive three-day programme offering an excellent opportunity to gain an overview of the field of tribology.
This highly successful course provides an insight into the principles which underlie this important topic. The course is run by the University of Cambridge Department of Engineering, a worldwide centre of excellence in the field. Tribology – the science and technology of friction, wear and lubrication – makes a vital contribution to almost every area of industrial activity and yet is often under-represented in the education of scientists and engineers.
The course consists of an intensive three-day programme delivered by leading experts. It offers an excellent opportunity to gain an overview of the field of tribology. Lectures, combined with informal discussion periods and a workshop session, will cover the key elements of the subject and will be complemented by case studies drawn from current industrial practice.
- Provides a comprehensive and cost effective overview of this vitally important area
- Introduces the theory and practice of friction, wear and lubrication in an industrial context
- Combines lectures and informal discussion periods with practice in problem solving
- Gives valuable, informal access to leading experts
- Enables networking with professionals from other sectors to share ideas and practice
- Provides a comprehensive volume of course notes and supporting material in electronic form for all participants
Run annually at University of Cambridge in Sept: https://www.ifm.eng.cam.ac.uk/ifmecs/ifm-ecs-courses/tribology/