Desktop SEM solution
Typical desktop SEM configuration based on the Hitachi TM3030.
Alemnis’ most compact design, the Alemnis Compact Assembly (ACA), allows the combination of the time-tested technology of the ASA with the compact Hitachi Desktop SEM TM3030. The integration is straight-forward, requires no modification of the instrument, and can be done quickly by any user, allowing the TM3030 to be used for standard SEM operation whenever necessary.
The advantages are:
- no SEM experience or technician required
- Magnification from 25x to 250’000x
- Low-vac mode for non-conductive specimens
- Compact footprint, no special infrastructure requirements
The ACA is also compatible with our High Strain Rate module, and can also be used ex situ for testing in air.
Application example: Testing the strength of glass structures produced by the selective laser etching process. 
As with all Alemnis indenters, also the compact solution for the desktop SEM feature True Displacement Control!
- Perfect control of indentation depth and compression strain
- Constant displacement speed thanks to piezoelectric actuation
- Strain rates from 0.0001 s-1 up to 1’000 s-1
- Load range from 4 µN up to 4 N
 Widmer, R. N.; Bischof, D.; Jurczyk, J.; Michler, M.; Schwiedrzik, J.; Michler, J. Smooth or Not: Robust Fused Silica Micro-Components by Femtosecond-Laser-Assisted Etching. Mater. Des. 2021, 204, 109670.