Alemnis is a small, high-tech company situated in Thun, Switzerland which develops and commercializes instruments for small-scale mechanical testing of materials. Alemnis offers attractive social conditions, work flexibility and great opportunities for a young, creative and highly motivated engineer or scientist. Working at Alemnis will give you a taste of the most advanced science with the thrill of industry! As part of our continuing growth, Alemnis currently has the following open position:
Internship (3-9 months) in micromechanical testing of materials
This position is based in Thun (on-site)
The role involves the following tasks:
- Sample testing in the Alemnis laboratory for prospective customers.
- Development of new applications in collaboration with Sales and R&D.
- Preparing test reports, application notes and technical documents.
- Suitable candidates must be currently studying for or hold a technical degree in Materials Science (or equivalent) or an engineering discipline
- Good spoken & written English is required; German and/or French would be beneficial.
- Candidate needs to work autonomously, professionally and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Previous experience in nanoindentation or Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) is a strong plus. A focus on polymeric materials or composites would be advantageous.